Resources To Help You Understand Yourself
- Rate your life satisfaction: Take online assessments about happiness, positive emotions, gratitude, and forgiveness.
- Learn more about your personality: Take an online personality inventory based on the Five Factor Model of Personality.
- What makes us happy and unhappy? Watch this video lecture by Harvard Psychologist Dan Gilbert, author of Stumbling on Happiness, for some answers.
- Listen to Dr. Martin Seligman talk about the positive psychology movement and how it can contribute to optimal functioning.
- O*NET OnLine: Check out this interactive application for exploring possible occupations.
- Listen to Susan Cain talk about The Power of Introverts.
The Counseling Center offers a limited number of appointments between July 1 and August 7.
Dr. Forbes will be available to consult with students in the office on Wednesday, July 20, and Tuesday July 26. She will be in the office full time on August 8. All other counselors will be out of the office until August 15.
To make an appointment for a consultation, please call: (610) 330-5005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and Dr. Forbes will return your call within 48 hours.
In the case of a psychological emergency where there is the possibility that a student's health or safety is at risk, please contact Public Safety at 610.330.4444 for assistance.
The Psychology Today therapist finder (http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/prof_search.php) can be used to search for local mental health professionals.
ULifeline (http://www.ulifeline.org/lafayette/) is an online mental health resource.
http://www.thetrevorproject.org/section/get-help (mental health resource for LGBTQ persons)